Thanks to everyone who came out to run this AM and Happy Thanksgiving!!
If any issues or potential omissions with results please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to our 4th Annual gO Turkey Trot! The gO Initiative’s annual Turkey Trot aims to raise awareness and de–stigmatize the topic of mental health and we truly appreciate you joining us on this mission. We expect this year’s Turkey Trot to be even better attended than last year and are really excited to encourage visitors to the valley to join in this Thanksgiving tradition! We are thrilled that 2019 Turkey Trot is presented by Rumors Coffee!
As you may or may not know, your mental health after an injury needs to be healed just as much as the injury itself. In addition to treating anxiety, depression, substance abuse and eating disorders, gO has a licensed clinical social worker, who focuses on treating brain injuries and post traumatic stresses, which can follow a skiing or biking accident. We are excited to have a counselor on board and know that she will become an excellent resource in the valley.
* 1 in 5 Adults & 1 in 5 Youth experience mental health issues in America
* 1 in 25 Americans live with a serious mental illness such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or major depression
* Suicide rates in mountain towns are more prevalent than urban areas
* Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the United States
* Mental illness costs America $153.6 Billion in lost wages every year
* Most Americans lack access to adequate mental health treatment
* Only 41% of Adults receive treatment for their mental health issues