In supporting our efforts we are able to continue to educate, inspire and develop athletes of all ages and abilities in mountain sports by providing financial support and opportunities for a strong body and mind through functional fitness, guidance, and achievement. All of our work is possible due to the support of our contributors.
What Have We Done?
- Since the summer of 2014, the gO Initiative has reached over 150 girls from Crested Butte and Gunnison. The girls have been introduced and instructed in eight different sports and activities throughout the summer and winter.
- The gOguy program was introduced Summer 2017.
- Health and Wellness, including nutrition and mentorship has been incorporated into both the gOgirl and gOguy programs.
- The girls have been involved with community service projects throughout the Gunnison Valley including trash pick-up, volunteering with Six Points, and visits to the Senior Center.
- The gO Initiative is responsible for organizing a few local events that are all fundraising for the gO Initiative’s mission and raise dollars to offset costs for our gOgirl and gOguy programs:
The gO Initiative supports needs for a Mental Health Social Worker, a Mental Health Performance Coach, and a Massage Therapist. The gO Initiative has offered educational seminars to the community regarding preventative physical care to avoid injuries and assess gait analysis and proper nutrition. In addition, the gO Initiative avidly discusses concussions and the importance of talking about mental health to all of those who we support.
Thanks for considering a tax deductible contribution to the gO Initiative today!